TOLKA VALLEY COMMUNITY TRAINING CENTRE (Full Time)
Community Training Centres (CTC) provide integrated education, training and work experience to young people aged between 16 and 21 years who have left school with incomplete or no formal qualifications.
Centres have been set up with the needs of the early school leaver and the young unemployed person in mind with services delivered in a friendly and informal manner. They provide a fresh opportunity for young persons to attain nationally recognised certificates at their own pace and with the assistance of supportive staff. Learners attend for a maximum period of two years and during this time, will participate in personal, social and vocational skills training leading to major awards on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Community Training Centres form part of the national Youthreach programme, a nationally coordinated programme of second-chance education and training and a central part of the Government’s contribution to the achievement of a lifelong learning society.
Tolka Valley CTC provides a range of vocationally focused training programmes offering QQI accreditation at Major Award Levels 3 & 4 along with other industry recognised certifications. Training courses on offer include:
• Beauty Specialist Diploma
• General Learning / Work Experience / Career Preparation
• Information & Communication Technology Skills (Computers)
Certification may be obtained in the below areas:
• QQI Level 3 Major Award 3M0935 Employability Skills
• QQI Level 3 Major Award 3M0877 Information and Communication Technologies
• VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques AM20086
Following successful completion of training, learners may progress to employment or choose to pursue further education in CDETB Post Leaving Certification Colleges or Training Centres.
PLEASE NOTE: LEARNERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE ANY FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS PRIOR TO ENTRY
- Education: Applicants seeking entry to the programme must have achieved a minimum of a QQI Level 3 Major Award or its equivalent prior to entry to the programme.
- Aptitude: The programme will suit learners who are seeking to further develop their key, employment related, transferable skills.
- Previous Experience: Alternatively, applicants may have achieved relevant skills, knowledge and competencies through work experience.
|Work Experience (Community)
||Work Experience (4N1168)
1. Demonstrate personal skills that enable them to be effective in selected social and employment situations.
2. Display an ability to interact positively with others in the managed learning environment and or the learner’s individual work experience situation.
3. Apply a moderate range of verbal and non-verbal communication skills effectively in the managed learning environment and or individual’s work experience situation.
4. Identify individual career goals and develop a career plan relative to a variety of progression options
5. Display an ability to resolve a moderate range of mathematical problems in the managed learning environment and or individual’s work experience situation.
6. Demonstrate a moderate range of specified employment related key transferable skills as identified by the learner.
7. Demonstrate a specified range of knowledge, skills and competence, determined by the elective module choices made by learners, as required for their chosen career paths.